Tuesday 17 June 2014

Jewellery/Anything box!

Happy Tuesday peeps!!!

I have just enough time to write this post before I go to the hygienist at the dentist. I really do not like going there because they usually leave me in discomfort for an hour or two :( I am such a wuss!!!

I found a great challenge on Stampotique Designers Challenge - boxes - and made this jewellery/bit bob box.
I have made a couple of these before and I actually have one here in my craft room which I use every day. Each drawer has small things in it- eg, pins and needles, paperclips, brads etc....
I do enjoy making these boxes. They can be one layer or two layers or whatever you fancy really.
I printed the template from a CD I have by Debbi Moore Designs and, once I'd 'built' it I covered it with the Joanna Sheen "A little bit oriental" paper collection. For the top, I used the co-ordinating stamp set which I heat embossed then picked out little elements of the design with white and pink marker pens.
I made the little drawer knobs from an old necklace!!! Talk about upcycling!
I fed each bead onto black cotton and, with a needle, I attached them to the drawer fronts!
I love the sentiment too - 'In the Cherry Blossom's shade, there is no such thing as a stranger'. Very deep.
Phew!
So, here we are. One finished box which I am sure I will add to over the next few days as new ideas pop in!

Here it is....










TTFN
L x






5 comments:

  1. Lesley, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the Asian theme throughout the project. Well coordinated papers, stamps and embellishments. Thanks so much for inspiring us with this lovely box at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful box!! Great work Lesley
    Thanks for joining us at SDC :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous and practical box ! Thank you for joining us over at Stamptique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your box is beautiful. Better yet, it's useful.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, such a lot of work! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!