Sunday 29 March 2015

Time flies.....really, it does!!!

Hi all.
As you can see by the title, I do believe in time flying by because this is the first time in over a week that I've remembered to write a blog post! I have no excuse either because I am on the laptop every single day of the week and I'm just too forgetful, lazy, thoughtless??? to do it! Honestly, it's no biggie really to do it but I get myself involved in crafting and I think, "I'll do it tomorrow"! I really am turning Greek - everything these days is tomorrow!!!
Anyhoo, back in the room.
I have made 2 or 3 lovely things lately which I am about to showcase here today! My brothers birthday card, a baby explosion box card and 2 easter makes simply because I can!

Ok, this is the card I made for my brother - It's a tent-fold card and I've tried to keep embellishments to a minimum but still have a little oomph in the design.


Here's the baby girl explosion box card -



 The pictures only really show some of the detail involved in the box - I would love to show others but we'd be here all day! As you can see, it's uber cute. I found the bootee template online and a how-to for the explosion box then I just went to town with the cuteness! Each layer has a little yet cute surprise image on it too.

On to my easter makes.
I subscribe to Quick Cards Made Easy magazine and this week I received April's issue with a free pack of Nitwit Collection c/o Lili of The Valley papers! I was utterly overjoyed as we all know just how much I love LOTV products. I couldn't wait to use them so yesterday, and today, I made 2 items with the paper pack and threw in some LOTV papers (country meadow) with some Dreamees MDF and stamps.
The first is a box with a bouncing easter bunny inside and some eggs and gems dangling alongside and behind him. All I've done is colour in my bunny, paper pieced the easter eggs, attached them to fine cotton thread and stuck them to the inside of the lid so that they all hang down and bounce about when the box is handled! My photography for things like this is a little tame but I hope you like them just the same.




As you can see, I have used acetate for the front of the box, easter bunny digital stamps from Digi Stamp Boutique, LOTV paper pads and a few gems and bling to brighten things up! The bottom picture is of the lid and I used Tattered Lace big blooms dies. The box is quite simple to make and lots of fun too!


The next picture is my plaque which I again used LOTV papers on. This time, I stamped the cupcake images onto patterned paper and had a whale of a time paper piecing all the flowers and cupcakes before attaching them to the plaque. I had bought some MDF shapes and stamps from Dreamees and I used 2 of the shapes (one on top of the other). The cupcake stamps were in my stash and I used  Dreamees flower stamps. The phrase in the centre is from IndigoBlu and I added a little spider webbing, doily, glamour dust and pearls for embellishment. I think they all turned out rather well!




Well, that's it for now (I think). I just hope you liked them and I will be making more goodies soon to share with you but I'm not sure when that will be because tomorrow I start a large project which I'm excited about and I'll let you know what it is when it's finished!!!
So TTFN, have a good week and see you soon

L x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!