Saturday 11 April 2015

Spring has finally sprung!




Good afternoon all!
I hope you've all been enjoying this mad few days of sunshine as much as I have - not.
Oh yeah, I enjoyed the weather on Thursday just before I developed an upset tummy which has just started to improve (Saturday afternoon). Missed all of Friday's sunshine and now it's partly cloudy, less warm and windy!!! That's the weather, not me....lol!
So, I went to a funeral last week - very sad occasions and this one was no different but it did go smoothly. Also went out for lunch with friends then had lunch out this Easter Monday with our bezzies and family and it was yummy! Haven't cooked for a week now as I went out for tea on Wednesday too!!! Thursday was a trip to the garden centre and I bought some really lovely plants for the pots in the garden and it's looking bright and cheerful now (although potting them and tidying up etc, utterly wrecked me! My bones hate it when I do ANYTHING - Grrrrrr! Luckily I managed to pot them before the tummy bug hit - phew!
So, onto todays make.
I have created this fabulous boxed gatefold mini album this last week or so (took my time with it as I wanted it to look good!). I bought the template from a lovely lady called Cristi who has an Etsy store - follow this link - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PaperHoarderDisorder?ref=l2-shop-info-name
and, after following all the instructions, I was really pleased with the result;
There are 6 pockets on each side of the box. These mirror each other on the front of the pocket but, although the contents are the same, they are covered with different papers.
Inside each pocket is a mat where you could attach a photo or a special something(ticket/receipt/picture?) from your travels with a little journal tucked into the pocket on the front of each pocket(!) so you can note down where the picture/photo was from or a little note about what made the keepsake special!
I've used lots of different embellishments on this album to make each page interesting.
So, now I can use the template and use my imagination - which I'm currently doing on my next box - even though the crafty mojo has been away lately!
This post is picture heavy as there has been quite alot of work in making the box and you do need to see lots of pics to appreciate it.
As I mentioned earlier, I am making more of these and hopefully I can send them out as presents to lovely family and friends (yes, I don't mind if they see this post! lol!)

Note the 'mats' for adding things to and I think it would make a lovely keepsake for anyone!

Hope you like it too :

Box when closed
Side View
Showing top pockets

Open!

1st right pocket



Close up of 1st left pocket



2nd pockets

2nd left pocket
2nd right pocket
        








3rd pockets
3rd left pocket (oops, wrong way round!!!!)

3rd right pocket



4th pockets

4th left pocket 
4th right pocket
       
5th pockets
Lol! Left 5th pocket wrong way round again!
5th Right pocket

                                                                         
6th pockets

6th left pocket
6th Right pocket



So there we go....

...all done and the box is closed!!!

TTFN
L x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!