Wednesday 9 September 2015

Oops! and uh oh!!!

Hi all,
I totally forgot to post my blog yesterday - Ooops!
I've made one or two bits n bobs this last week but mainly I've been concentrating on packing for my hollibobs to Zante on Friday!!! Can't wait to walk off the plane into an oven! It's always boiling hot because the plane's always quite cool so when the exit door first opens......whoosh!!! Oven baked!!!
And, it always feels like I'm 'home'! So, a good week ahead!
I had an appointment with the rheumatologist on Thrusday, so, I'm hoping that the new round of blood tests come back ok, as the doctor doesn't want them to be what she thinks they might be!!!! For now I'm waiting for an ultrasound scan on my hands. More news when I get some!

I've made a 40th birthday card this week - I had loads and loads of time to make it too.....NOT.
The daughter remembered to ask me on Thursday for the card Friday!!! Started it on Thursday afternoon after the rheumatology appointment and finished it Friday morning because I kept being distracted by something I was watching on Netflix!!!
I also had to make it about 3 times before I was happy with the shape!

It had to be suitable for both a man and a woman because it was for my daughters friend and her husband! They were both 40 within days of each other and they had a joint birthday party on a canal boat! The pictures my daughter posted on Facebook looked great! Her friends hubby was the first man overboard into the canal - along with his pockets full of money, mobile, keys etc.....Lol! I bet there was trouble in their house that night!!!

This is the card :





Materials used : Docrafts more or less paper pad
                           Gus and Stella digital image from Bugaboo Stamps.
                           Spellbinders flower die.
                           Bunting and balloon dies from ??? (Can't remember!)

I've also posted a picture of the inside. It's the first time I've made a shaped card so I hope i've done it right!

I'll have been on my hols the next time I blog so, have a fab and crafty week or so and see you all on the other side!!!


TTFN
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!